Welcome!

The On Mystics, Monastics, and Meaning class enthusiastically welcomes you to our class blog. Each week, students share their reflections along with their own unique selected images, music, quotes, and/or prayers. These weekly reflections are our gathered contributions, our gift to strengthen and inspire our school community.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reflection - Ret, 'My Wish' by Rascal Flatts

In thinking about a meaning quote, I have chosen a quote from the song “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts. The quote is “I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow, and each road leads you where you want to go, and if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose, I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.” For the first part of this quote I think this it is saying to relax and cherish each moment that you have because it might be a happy moment that you will never want to let go and you never can tell what will happen to you next. So seize the day, Carpe diem. The next part of the quote is saying that you have the choices on which way in life you want to go or how you want to live your life, but hopefully they all go to where you want to go. This I think is the most important part because what you chose to do now may set you up for the future. The last part, I think kind of goes with the part before it in a way that if your faced with a choice, to choose the one that is meaningful to you because it may affect you now or in the future when living out in the big world alone or happily married with kids who will model you. After hearing this song for the first time, it has been my favorite song since because to me it has a powerful meaning to it.