Welcome!

The On Mystics, Monastics, and Meaning class enthusiastically welcomes you to our class blog. Each week, students share their reflections along with their own unique selected images, music, quotes, and/or prayers. These weekly reflections are our gathered contributions, our gift to strengthen and inspire our school community.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reflection - Lauren, 'Love, Love, Love' by Tristan Prettyman

“Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

When I love him I simply do not look at him while standing still. We both understand that the present moment is constantly the next moment that changes; in order to love someone you must love them in motion. Love is something I cherish; both my boyfriend and I do, for when we exchange the words it is not done insincerely. But to stand still and enjoy the now is all fine and good, but to love someone is to move with them. It doesn’t matter what else is going on in the world, and we don’t have to make plans we just know in the end that we’ll work it out. We keep moving forward, for that is the only way for love to last, to step into the future together and not stay stubbornly in the present. Yes, I worry what will come when I venture off to college, but for now we love together instead of standing still for we look ahead for possibilities. But despite what the future might bring we have all of our love, and that is all that truly matters as long as we look forward together. I know for now what I would like in my future and my boyfriend wants the same, so we unite and work towards our goal for it is the best we can do in this busy world with so much unnecessary chaos. Love gets left behind, but I know for a fact that it will not if we both desire the same things from our love and work for it.