Welcome!

The On Mystics, Monastics, and Meaning class enthusiastically welcomes you to our class blog. Each week, students share their reflections along with their own unique selected images, music, quotes, and/or prayers. These weekly reflections are our gathered contributions, our gift to strengthen and inspire our school community.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reflection - Kat, 'Don't Blink' by Kenny Chesney

"Don’t blink, life goes fast than you think" is a quote from one of my favorite songs. Being a senior in high school, this quote really affects me emotionally and I can really relate to it. I keep thinking about how fast my life is going by and I have very mixed emotions about it. Part of me is excited to graduate and experience the many changes I will be going through these next years and the other part of me is a little scared and sad about it. It’s going to be hard leaving my friends I have had for most of my life, and not living with my family any more; it is very overwhelming to think about. It seems like just yesterday I was graduating 5th grade and I was so nervous changing schools and coming to Holy Innocents. That feeling has come back to me, but this time it’s a little more serious than graduating 5th grade. I keep asking myself questions like if I made the right college choice, if I could have worked harder in high school, or if I made the right decisions about relationships with my friends and family. I know this chapter in my life is coming to an end but I know that a whole new one is opening and I want to make the most out of it. Life definitely goes by in the blink of an eye and I hope the next chapter in my life coming up is even better than the first one.